Vertical Form Fill and Seal Machine A packaging machine which uses flexible packaging material to form a tube, which is then filled vertically with product and sealed in a sequence of operations whilst the film is transported vertically downwards.
Uses: powders, liquids, free flowing solids.
- Vertical Form Fill and Seal Machine for Cartonboard
- A vertically operating form fill and seal machine which uses a cartonboard laminate, which is formed, filled with product and sealed to produce a pack resembling a carton.
- Uses: The well-known Tetra Pak carton for milks and juices is a variant of a carton VFFS pack.
- Mandrel Flexible Package Form Fill and Seal Machine
- A packaging machine which forms packs from a reel of flexible material, on one or a number of mandrels, before filling the packs with product and sealing their tops within the machine. Packs are formed using flexible packaging material on one or more mandrel to form the pack which is then filled and sealed within the machine.
- Uses: Traditionally used for flour and sugar.